Efficient Organizing Your Kitchen Ideas:
- Store empty sandwich and freezer bags in an old Kleenex box.
- Store your hand mixer with the beaters in a basket or wrap cord around the mixer and then put a hook in your cabinet so you can hang the beaters next to it.
- Keep more than one container of salt on hand. I wash and re-fill old spice bottles with salt. I keep one salt shaker on the table, one on the stove, one with my spices and one with my baking supplies. This can save me many steps a day and with Fibromyalgia you need to save all the energy you can!
- Place lids for plastic containers in a shoebox and set next to containers. I use a Velveeta box for smaller lids.
- Use a magnetic knife holder to store tools in your kitchen. I didn’t have a space for my magnetic knife holder in my new kitchen so I put it up in my mop closet to hold tools that I use in the house.
- Store measuring cups in your canisters. We use a 1 cup measuring cup in the flour, and 1/2 or 1/4 cup in the sugar. This saves always on dishes!
- Use a small nail on the inside of a cabinet door by the stove to hang one or two hot pan holders on.
- Always store the things you use most in your cabinets at eye level.
- Store like items in the kitchen together. Keep the bread in a cabinet by toaster, tea bags close to the tea kettle, coffee by the coffee pot, coffee pot by the sink, baking supplies by mixing bowls and mixer, etc.
- Store like items in the fridge together. Keep the things you use together near each other like the mustard, ketchup and mayonnaise or the cheese and lunch meats.
- If you are short of storage space and cabinets, it doesn’t hurt to store things like large platters, serving dishes and kitchen gadgets that you only use once in a while in another area of the house.