A Conduit of Mixed News & Self Help Information with a dash of humor…
Jollibee’s secret fried chicken recipe and it tastes 90 percent like the real thing. But considering it’s homemade and doesn’t require you to order from a greasy-faced teenager, we’d say that’s a pretty good.
【Ingredients】(for four people)
1200 cc frying oil
500g chicken thighs
2 eggs (beaten)
400 g flour
2 tablespoons coarsely ground pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon of onion powder
1 tablespoon MSG (Optional)
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1. Pour frying oil into a pressure cooker and heat to 180 degrees Celsius (350 Fahrenheit).
2. Combine flour, pepper, salt, MSG, garlic powder, onion powder and paprika in a bowl. Set aside.
3. Cut the chicken thighs into big pieces.
4. First, dip the chicken pieces into the beaten egg, then into the milk, then finally into the flour mixture.
5. Put the chicken into the pressure cooker.
6. Put the lid on the pressure cooker and fry for ten minutes on low heat.
7. After ten minutes, turn off the heat and release the pressure (wait until you cannot hear the steam escaping from the pressure cooker).
8. Remove the fried chicken from the pressure cooker and place onto a paper towel to drain the excess oil.
9. Eat your delicious Jollibee-style chicken.
This is the perfect fried chicken! Juicy on the inside, crispy on the outside, and just a bit of a spicy kick.