A Conduit of Mixed News & Self Help Information with a dash of humor…
When a sore throat develops, the immediate response is to get relief, fast.
1 Cup of sugar (for taste)
1/2 Cup of water
1 Tablespoon of lemon juice (packed for Vitamin C for boosting the immune system)
1 Tablespoon of honey (antibacterial, and soothing properties)
1/2 Teaspoon of ground ginger (reduces congestion through anti-inflammatory properties)
1/4 Teaspoon of ground cloves (antiseptic and reduces phlegm)
1. Place pan on gas stove and fill it with the sugar, water, lemon juice, honey, ground ginger, and ground cloves.
2. Turn on high heat and stir regularly.
3. Turn to low heat and stir regularly.
4. Simmer and stir regularly.
5. Take mixture off the gas stove and let it cool until dark and syrupy texture develops.
6. Get baking tray and cover with baking paper.
7. Spoon mixture into globules onto baking tray using teaspoon or piping bag.
8. Let cool for 20 minutes and cover with icing sugar.
9. Take off paper and coat well