A Conduit of Mixed News & Self Help Information with a dash of humor…
|The most stressful IT Job!|
Sometimes when we’re living 100 miles an hour without taking time to relax or appreciate what’s around us, it’s easy to feel anxious and stressed. One of the main reasons we end up feeling this way is because we’re not making the most of our time. Here are five ways you can alter the way you spend your time to ensure you feel stress-free and happy:
1. Plan your day when you first wake up Whilst you’re eating your breakfast or savouring those last few minutes tucked up inside the duvet, make a mental, or actual, list of the things you’d like to achieve that day. Try prioritising them so that you know which things need to be done and which things aren’t as urgent. Actually planning your time in this way will make things run smoother as you move through your day.
2. Spend 5 minutes a day meditating If you take just five minutes out of your day to meditate and practice mindfulness, you’ll be clearer about what you want to achieve, will maintain a positive mindset and your stress levels will diminish.
3. Exercise Yes, probably the most cliché point but just 30 minutes of exercise a day can reduce the amount of stress you have. Exercise creates an endorphin rush which is comparable to morphine, and can create a positive feeling which helps to reduce stress.
4. Do more of what makes you happy There’s no point in spending your time doing something you hate. Sure, there are some things that we all just have to do, but other than those, if something is making you unhappy – just don’t do it. Take time out of your day to do the things that bring you joy – whether it’s taking a bubble bath, settling down with a good book or binge-watching a TV show, if it makes you happy, do it more often.
5. Get a new job Similar to point number 4, if your job is making you unhappy, why are you still doing it? Most of us spend the majority of our time at work so it needs to be a job you love at a place you love. We’ve all heard the saying “do what you love and you’ll never have to work a day in your life,” but putting it into practice will make your overall mindset more positive and your stress levels will be lower. Putting these tips into practice will no doubt help you on your way towards a stress-free life. Organizing and making the most of your time is a sure way to ensure your life is happier, more positive and overall, less stressful.